Monday, December 1, 2008

Mobile web slow adoption

Mobile Web can be defined as the optimization of application code for small screen input and delivery. Small screen referring to the average PDA ( 240x260).

We've been promised all kinds of interaction with the world through our all conquering BlackBerrys and iPhones. I don't know about you, but I'm just now starting to enjoy the benefits of this technology.

I checked in for a return flight from Amsterdam to Edmonton using my BlackBerry and it could not have been smoother. It was an error free process perfectly suited to my tiny screen. The navigation worked intuitively and I was provided with a confirmation number for check in. At the airport, they FOUND my online registration and confirmation, printed my boarding passes and whisked me away to my destination. As jaded as I am...I was impressed.

Congratulations to Air Canada and their mobile web experience! Some companies get it right.

No comments: